Stress and the cancer microbe
- Published: 18 April 2010
- Hits: 16351
In part two of his series on the cancer microbe Dr Pieter Dahler, MD, outlines strategies for keeping your stress levels down.
For the small village that it is, surrounded by the dense jungle, the central community building looks huge. Two doctors, three nurses and I pass on the way to the main opening between the well kept vegetable gardens. I sense their good vibration. The air is filled with the occasional screams of a Howling Monkey. It is time for breakfast.
Inside, a long circular table made of roughly hewn jungle trees is already completely seated. A young Indian holding my hand, politely directs us to our places as the villagers applaud us well.
After we are seated, the village elder stands and points to a colorfully dressed girl. She is 16, has radiant skin and a slender figure. She stands up and looks along the table, acknowledging each person with a gorgeous smile showing her well kept and straight teeth.
She begins to speak clearly of how thankful she is for the health of all the villagers. She thanks the Spirits for taking good care of the gardens and life stock. What follows is a short expression of gratitude for her place of importance in the community. After a short display of her genuine appreciation for being alive and well, we start eating.
For the natives our Foundation serves, being healthy means enjoying a profound gift from the Spirits. Health is regarded as an entity. It has a Spirit of its own. It is a personal treasure to honor, and to do all one can to keep the Spirit safe and friendly.
When you feel well, the Spirit is at peace.
Minor illness and discomforts mean that the Spirit needs attention. To the villagers it means that there has been a breakdown in the relationship of the physical and the spiritual: “Mi espiritu no es feliz.”
Our 470 doctors and thousands of volunteers appreciate the fact that the body does not become ill because health changed. Rather, health as a wholistic entity changed because there is a disconnect with the body.
How does this disconnect happen?
For people living in Western civilizations, health is not regularly revered. We take health for granted. The factors of this disconnect are the foods, things, events, relationships and exposures you may have read about elsewhere.
Isolated natives have the same challenges.
The before-breakfast story points out however the harmony that needs to exist in a healthy community, whether it is a village of people or your body with its organs. That is the beginning of a low stress environment in which health can thrive. Health and wellness is the total of all that what is the body, mind and spirit. And health is the relationship with the environment in which we grew up and now live in.
Stress is the most damaging disconnect factor for us, and germs will take advantage of this.
Stress can be psychological, physical, bio-chemical-nutritional and spiritual. Occasional stress is healthy. Chronic stress is unhealthy and results in distress.
Distress is when we force the glands to over-work to produce the bio-chemicals needed to keep up with the body trying to keep us functioning. It is like someone is constantly pounding on a brick wall with a sledgehammer. Pieces of bricks (dying cells) fly off and are not replaced.
Dying cells dump their cells’ toxic contents in their immediate environment. That produces antigens which call upon the immune system to start protecting the body from the toxins. However, it is a certainty that distress has, over time, weakened the immunity. Then this protection may not be there as well as it is needed.
How do we manage distress?
In a modern environment we can initiate psychotherapy and learn to manage the sources of distress. We can often do much of this in a family-supportive framework. We can take drugs to cover-up the bio-chemical reasons for feeling bad. We can eat proper food and take food supplements for a health-promoting and maintaining foundation.
The isolated tribes connect with Nature as she intended for her flock to live from her resources. All that they need to live a healthy life is already there in plants and animals. Our Foundation introduces concepts how to use them more health-promoting to increase stress immunity.
How does distress apply to protecting against the cancer microbe?
When the organs and glands involved in stress management are breaking down by over-work, the body has to replace their cells. It can and will do so, but we have to give it the means to do so…with proper food and water. In the modern world we daily sabotage that ability of the body. We do this with food, drinks and habits which are not compatible with our delicate bio-chemistry. We are introducing distress and gradual breakdown at every level of our being.
Modern man feels this at the signs and symptoms level. As the body starts to slow down and feels worse with repeated health-reducing habits, the door is opened for a lowered immunity status. And that means disharmony. It is disharmony which microbes thrive on to start raising havoc inside us.
We maintain harmony and health when all parts of the body work well and in unison.
Natives maintain their health by passionately cultivating healthy food gardens, and maintaining healthy herds. The devotion to the whole community this way keeps them sane and comfortable with their bodies and minds. They are expressing their inherited naturalness.
Natives sense this on the spiritual level. Working together and chanting, they raise their level of consciousness, it is their way of allowing Spirit in.
As their wants are basic, there is no competition, no inertia to perform, no judgments are made and no jealousy is felt, and there is no violence. Everyone feels safe with, and protective of each other. Each is self-responsible.
It makes you wonder if you should move to the jungle. But that would not be necessary because there are natural ways you can apply in the modern world.
Here is one way that should be done.
For management of stress of any kind you need to target your adrenal glands, the thyroid and its precursor brain glands, the pancreas and the liver.
The general protocol is to eat food sources that comply with the following principles:
- Select or combine foods that provide a 100% compliment of all the essential amino acids from organically grown protein sources. Eat a complete protein food with every meal. Reason: ALL your body tissues needs them in proper availability, and then be able to make their own necessary combinations. Otherwise they will “steal” what it needs from other areas and over time this will cause a breakdown leading to disease.
- Eat a wide variety of fresh, raw plant foods so you get a wider range of Life Energy loaded enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Do not heat or minimize cooking plant foods. Vitamins are destroyed at about 140 F? / 60 C?. Reason: freshly harvested plant foods have important enzymes in them. Those bought from a store have lost them. This advice is quite specific for keeping the Cancer Microbe in check. Make it to a store at the time that produce is put on the shelves, because leaves older than 4+ days are also compromised in vitamin content.
- Drink water only. And make this water properly and tastefully mixed with SEA-derived salt. Use Celtic, Himalayan salts and the like. Proper hydration is a quite specific recommendation for keeping the Cancer Microbe in check.
- Avoid inflammation causing foods and drinks. Reason: a little of these pretty much negates the above.
- Also, inflammation is one of THE instigators to allow microbes to enter the blood and body cells.
- Regularly eat / drink some fermented foods. Reason: this advice is quite specific for keeping the Cancer Microbe in check.
- Stay away from super alkalizing foods and super alkaline water. Stick with naturally made, body compatible sources. Reason: Most microbes need an alkaline environment to thrive. Although the body has many ways and means to combat foreign invaders by keeping some areas acidic, you do not want to aid and abet microbes by habitually interfering with these normal quality, life-preserving processes. A healthy body will keep areas alkaline where needed. An unhealthy body does NOT want an overdose of artificial alkalinity introduction.
This is the beginning of reducing distress and start keeping everything in balance.
Pieter Dahler DDS, MD, ND (hon), PhD was born in 1942 in Indonesia and lived in a jungle setting until 1947. He emigrated to the USA in 1962. In 1971 he graduated from the University of California, San Francisco, Dental School, as a Dentist and in 1974 from the US Navy Post Graduate School in Oral Surgery and Medical Anesthesiology. He was in private dental practice until 1991. Between 1969-1991, he spent vacations in Mexico taking care of a volunteer medical-dental project with a growing force of doctors and volunteers.
He has undertaken three PhDs in subjects related to nutritional-cultural-sociology, from Latin America and in 2002 organized the Foundation for the Development of Healthy Teeth in a Healthy Body, Mexico. The Foundation has a research department for doing and compiling comprehensive native and western population studies. To date, 470 Latin American doctors and thousands of volunteers give their time to 150,000 natives.
Pieter can be contacted at docpieter [at] aol [dotcom].