We're looking for new associate editors
- Published: 21 February 2014
- Hits: 3952
Would you like to join an international team of writers and content producers dedicated to making the world a better place for others? Our asociate editors' stories have been referenced by Rupert Murdoch’s News Limited, as well as countless blogs and websites internationally and regularly come up on Google News. They've even been included in college exams.
What is The Scavenger?
The Scavenger is a online magazine/portal for alternative, progressive news, features and commentary that you’re unlikely to find in mainstream media.
It features a mix of original articles, republished blog posts and author extracts.
The editor-in-chief Katrina Fox is based in Australia, with readers, associate editors and contributors coming from across the globe. The Scavenger is very much international in focus with the aim of connecting communities by the issues that affect us all.
All positions are voluntary at the moment.
Categories we cover are:
- Social justice (people, animals, environment)
- Uplifting and inspiring
- Sex, gender and sexuality diversity
- Health and personal development
- Media & technology
Vacancies for associate editors
Requirements for associate editors’ roles:
- Write at least one original article per month (feature, interview or opinion piece. We also accept audio or video interviews with a written summary of key points).
- Source at least one article (original or republished) per month from other writers.
- Submit/share articles (yours and others) to your social media sites
- Submit articles to Digg, Reddit, Stumbleupon
Time commitment: Approximately 10-12 hours a month or 3 hours a week.
Please do not apply unless you can commit the time to carry out the above on an ongoing basis.
How to apply
Please take a good look at the site to get a feel for the types of articles we run, and read the ‘About’ section if you’re not familiar with The Scavenger.
If you like what you see, want to be involved, and can commit the time to write and source content as outlined above, please email:
Please include a brief bio of who you are, your interests, expertise, writing/publishing experience including any links, and which category or categories you feel you would most likely be willing and able to contribute to.
Please feel free to forward this callout to anyone you think may be interested. Associate editors can be based anywhere in the world.